We’ve recently been in conversations with the fantastic team at Geekseat, and we’re excited to announce they are now on Bench – bringing a whole range of capabilities and opportunity for business for our network.
Who is Geekseat?
Geekseat is a multinational software development company, bringing remotely accessible extensive expertise and experience, best practice and on-time delivery to provide functional and seamless software solutions.
- They hold over 10+ years of successful project delivery experience, with satisfied clients such as Sharing Minds, Mediasphere, Alcatel Lucent Enterprise, Container Chain and Plutus.
- They offer solutions ranging from DevOps, ERP/CRM Implementation and Integration, Quality Assurance, Business Analysis, Technical Documentation, Networking infrastructure, Security, Cloud services, Unified communications, and Modern workplace and business solutions.
- Their management team is based in Australia (Brisbane), and they have flexible and agile teams of software developers in the following countries: Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, USA, Japan, Singapore and United Kingdom. Geekseat employees operate in the clients time zone.
Geekseat capabilities now accessible on Bench
With our newly formed partnership, Bench clients can now extend their service offering with the below Geekseat capabilities, and easily book in skills needed when software solutions projects are taken on.
Software Developers as a Service (SDaaS)
Geekseat de-risks dealing with fluctuations in workflow and demand by providing a fully scalable service with a depth of skills you wouldn’t be able to replicate by using permanent staff. They take responsibility for your team, dealing with leave, tax, insurances and other legal obligations.
They take care of:
- Weekly timesheet reporting
- Updating status of work completed
- Keeping you informed of work progress
- Developer Hardware
- Standard Developer Software
Geekseat offer a flexible approach to software development, recommending appropriate methodology to suit the project – from agile software development to waterfall to scrum.
Options include (but are not limited to):
- Supplement your existing team (as if you have an extra employee)
- Perform set assigned tasks
- Solve specific problems
- Build a specific module
- Bug fixes
- Add features to existing code
- Develop new code from scratch
Geekseat Project Managers can take charge of your entire project, manage their team and yours, from inception to care and maintenance. Their experienced leaders are used to handling multiple projects and teams across a range of industries, and can work with you on the entire journey, or step in to an existing project at any stage.
Reporting services range from:
- Daily meetings
- Weekly timesheets
- Sprint planning reports
- Sprint retrospective reports
- Regular interactions with regards to project requirements
- Active expectation management
All project specifications are documented, clearly defined and quoted. Variations are confirmed in writing.
Geekseat DevOps engineers can plan, architect, build and maintain simple to complex hardware and software infrastructure systems. The company’s corporate focus on the latest technology means that they are at the forefront of what is currently available in the marketplace, and can build and maintain robust and reliable systems which form the core of your operations.
- Work across any platform, operating system or design parameters
- Provide advice on the best systems for you, whether you are focussed on uptime, high volume, costs or speed
- Help you balance your requirements to achieve the most practical outcome, advising the benefits and disadvantages of various solutions
Geekseat Business Analysts ensure that your software solution does what you expect it to do. This includes establishing project requirements with key stakeholders, analysis of business and workflow, recommending best practice solutions, scoping project requirements, and a whole lot more.
Full range of services:
- Interviews with key stakeholders to establish requirements
- Analysis of business and work flow
- Establishing functionality use prospects and requirements
- Recommending best practice solutions
- Scoping documentation
- Creating the user stories
- Managing backlog items
- Ensuring software development stays true to design requirements
- Working closely with stakeholders through delivery ensuring business and user requirements are met
- Maintaining development team focus on project
- Business analysis: gather background info, identify stakeholders, business objectives, evaluate options, scope definition
- Define project requirements, writing user stories, propose development priorities
- Support implementation using software development methodologies e.g. scrum, kanban
Geekseat’s Quality Assurance team will allow you to deliver a product beyond expectations. Utilising formal testing protocols, Geekseat offer manual and automated testing solutions, including integration into your documentation or operation system.
Full range of services:
- Building and developing testing and quality assurance plans
- Manual Testing – Acceptance, Black Box, Compatibility, Exploratory, Functional, Regression and Usability Testing
- Smoke testing
- Automation testing
- Integration with Azure / AWS
- Create and maintain Test documentation including Test Case Development, Test Plan and Test Strategy
Geekseat’s Technical Writers enable you to protect your Intellectual Property as it transfers personal individual held knowledge into readily available, valuable intellectual property.
Full range of services::
- Handling changes in key team members seamlessly
- Tracing bugs quickly and effectively
- Dealing with third party software upgrades effectively
- Implementing trouble free code upgrades
- Providing a better user experience
- Dealing with infrastructure changes easily
- Evaluate project: value added to business, project progress
Bringing together more than just capabilities
For those that are unfamiliar with the Bench platform, we encourage you to think of Bench as a ‘virtual handshake’ with businesses we trust.
Our technology has intentionally created an ecosystem of vendors, distributors, partners, suppliers and contractors – allowing businesses to collaborate with one another on available resources, share skills, co-evolve and drive new creative and innovative solutions.
The features that enable this ecosystem include:
- Automated matching of opportunities with suppliers, contractors and employees
- Instant offers with real-time market rates from available resources
- Real-time notifications, in-app live chat and video call functionality
- Streamlined onboarding packs, and management & payroll features
- Financial & utilisation reporting, and more
You can learn more about Bench here.
With the current circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, there is a greater need for the IT Services community to band together to minimise the impact on individual businesses, and on the sector as a whole. Therefore, trust and confidence in the businesses you work with is vital, and we take extensive care in onboarding the businesses on Bench so that you can bypass the due diligence and get to the work. We are excited to have Geekseat on Bench, enabling you to work with their experienced teams.
Add Geekseat to your Bench
Simply switch on Geekseat capabilities and start booking skills you need across current and new projects.